DIY hotend requires heat sink to operate properly - metal base, aluminum block, or any other type of cooling device.
Assembly of this device is straight forward. Please consul with supplied drawings and pictures for visual clues. Suggested way of thermistor mounting: JB Weld steel epoxy or kapton tape.
DIY Hotend features:
- 30mm long stainless PTFE lined barrel, for low friction, trouble free print.
- Nozzle is based on MK8 makerbot nozzle geometry and can be exchanged or replaced with many different types of nozzles on the market. This will give you good selection of nozzle orifice diameters.
- Low profile: only about 39 mm high.
- NTC 3950 100K pre-wired thermistor.
NTC 3950 Thermistor parameters:
- Small Size: 1.25mmx2.0mm glass bead
- High accuracy: 1%
- Resistance value at 25°C=100K
- Wiring insulation: high temperature teflon/PTFE
- Wiring length: 1 meter
- 1 x MK8 Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1 x Stainless PTFE lined barrel.
- 1 x Aluminum heater block with one M3x3 setscrew, M3x3 socket head screws and M3 washer.
- 1 x 12V 40W Cartridge heater.
- 1 x NTC 3950 Pre-wired thermistor